Creature Feature Corner started in late 2012 as a method to collate and celebrate creature feature movies. It is the goal of the project to have a complete collection of every creature feature ever made with a profile page in the catalogue and a review in that profile.
My name is Josh and I run this website. When I started the site, I had a DVD collection of around 40 features which I thought was impressive… until I actually started researching and discovered that there are over 1000 creature features to date with more being announced every day.
I am currently working solo but I am more happy to collaborate with others, especially in expanding the site into new fields. I would also like to generate a creative hub where users can come to generate ideas and collaborate on their own creature features. I will start the ball rolling by including the opening scene of my screenplay Hound, which I am currently shopping around. You can download it here:
Current features on the site include:
- Creature Feature Reviews – Movie reviews
- Creature Feature History – Articles explaining the history/ context behind interesting movies
- Creature Feature Interviews – Interviews with industry professionals
- CF of the Day – Daily highlighting of a selected feature profile communicated via Twitter
All pictures used on this site are copyrighted and belong to their respective owners whether they be creators, producers, distributors or other. None of the images used belong to Creature Feature Corner and are used under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, where allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
All the articles featured on this site, unless stated otherwise, are written and owned by Creature Feature Corner.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- By entering into the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by the terms in conditions from time to time in force.
- Only entries made via the competition submission method will be deemed valid.
- This competition is only open to entrants over 16 years of age.
- If for any reason an entry is deemed by Creature Feature Corner in its sole and absolute discretion to be invalid, incomplete or illegible that entry will be disqualified.
- Any submission made by any party is warranted by the party to be the party’s original work and free from any defamatory, seditious or other indecent content.
- The closing date for entries is specified on each competition post. Late entries will not be counted.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Winners will be selected from the entrants at the judges’ sole discretion.
- No cash alternative available
- The judge’s decision as to correct entry and the identity of the winners shall be at its sole discretion and shall be final. No correspondence, appeal or reconsideration procedure will be initiated in either respect.
- The names of all winners may be used in publicity materials and events relating to the relevant competition and Creature Feature Corner does not accept any obligations of confidence towards any entry or entrant.
- Creature Feature Corner will be entitled to terminate or modify these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion at any time.
- By submitting an entry the entrant takes full responsibility for ensuring that the rights of all contributions to the work have been properly acquiring including without limit and music or other sound, and all contributions towards acting, production and scripting.
- Creature Feature Corner will not disclose your email or postal address to third parties.